11And there was a woman there who for eighteen years had had an [f]infirmity caused by a spirit ([g]a demon of sickness). She was [h]bent completely forward and utterly unable to straighten herself up or to [i]look upward.
14But the [k]leader of the synagogue, indignant because Jesus had healed on the Sabbath, said to the crowd, There are six days on which work ought to be done; so come on those days and be cured, and not on the Sabbath day.(A)
15But the Lord replied to him, saying, You playactors (hypocrites)! Does not each one of you on the Sabbath loose his ox or his donkey from the stall and lead it out to water it?
17Even as He said this, all His opponents were put to shame, and all the people were rejoicing over all the glorious things that were being done by Him.
The last time I posted, I wrote about a very touchy subject that may be a contributing factor in the “black church keeping black women single” part of the single black woman conundrum, clergy abuse. Unfortunately, many women are the victims of clergy who don’t know their proper place in life of their female congregants. They become attracted to women in their church and instead of going to God in prayer and allowing Him to heal and deliver them from this inordinate affection, they allow it to stay and fester, turning into an unGodly soul tie. Then every time a man shows any interest in her, you guessed it, he starts blocking. This is terrible because it is an abuse of one’s God-given authority over HIS flock (his meaning God of course). And it creates an atmosphere of mistrust and insecurity within the people in that congregation. Remember, the Bible in Matthew 20: 25-28 states what a Christian leaders attitude should be toward God’s people, “25And Jesus called them to Him and said, You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great men hold them in subjection [tyrannizing over them].26Not so shall it be among you; but whoever wishes to be great among you must be your servant,27And whoever desires to be first among you must be your slave– 28Just as the Son of Man came not to be waited on but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many [the price paid to set them free].”
We are not to imitate or take on the attitudes of this world (Proverbs 3:31-32, Romans 12: 1-3), in any area of our lives. Blocking someone’s ability to marry because of one’s own attraction to one of the persons involved is a sign that the leader should recuse themselves from the situation (in other words step aside) because you obviously are not able to be objective. If you’re a woman and this is your situation, you need to either change churches or find someone else to do your marriage preparation. You don’t need anyone marrying you and your beloved who has a bad attitude about marrying you to anyone (attitudes can create spiritual environments that aren’t conducive to your new marriage). And you certainly don’t need them stirring up strife between you and your future mate (Proverbs 22:10, Proverbs 26:20-22, Proverbs 15:18, Proverbs 29:22). And if you’re a man, the same rules apply.
Clergy abuse is bad deal for everyone involved and if a pastor (male or female) is being inappropriate toward someone they’ve been appointed to lead (male or female), it’s serious. We can’t sweep this problem under the rug any longer. Some states have passed legislation that makes any inappropriate sexual between clergy and members a felony and I agree that it should be . That might sound harsh, but considering the special nature of the relationship between clergy and members, it’s a necessary step to restore the sacredness to this relationship. If you ever want to see what happens when there is no Godly leadership, read the book of Judges in the Holy Bible and see the chaos the results from it. The last verse says it all “In those days there was no king in Israel; every man did what was right in his own eyes. ” Now you may say, but Anjanette we have leaders. If your leaders aren’t following Christ then they ain’t leaders. Remember TRUTH dispels lies and TRUTH= Jesus Christ. much love to you.
Sis Anjanette M. Potter of AnjanetteSpeak
- The Single Black Woman Conundrum Pt. 4b :What Happened to Black Women being Loosed??? (anjanettespeak66.wordpress.com)
- The Single Black Woman Conundrum Pt. 4 : What happened to Women being Loosed??? (anjanettespeak66.wordpress.com)
- The Single Black Woman Conundrum Pt.2 (anjanettespeak66.wordpress.com)
- Fight Night: Black Women on Reality TV (theroot.com)
- Black Women Re-Defining Agency, Organizing for Reproductive Justice (via INCITE! Blog) (billionairebeauties.wordpress.com)
- The new ‘black feminist’ (thegrio.com)
- The Single Black Woman Conundrum Pt. 3 (anjanettespeak66.wordpress.com)
- The Single Black Woman Conundrum pt.1 (anjanettespeak66.wordpress.com)
- Black Women Re-Defining Agency, Organizing for Reproductive Justice (inciteblog.wordpress.com)
- People of Faith Series “The Woman and The Spirit of Infirmity” (dthrasher.wordpress.com)
- The Seventh Day Sabbath (brakelite.wordpress.com)
- The Christian Sabbath: A *New View Part I (johnestorge.com)
- Which Day is The Christian Sabbath (wiki.answers.com)
- The Christian Sabbath: The New* View IV (johnestorge.com)
- What is observe the sabbath (wiki.answers.com)
- The Christian Sabbath: A New* View Part II (johnestorge.com)
- What is the sabbath about (wiki.answers.com)
- Are Black Women Angry? Are Black Men Angry? (chocolatekissesbraid.wordpress.com)
- Vibe and Vegas Show: Sex and the Single Black Woman – How the Mass Incarceration of Black Men Hurts Black Women (thevibeandvegasshow.wordpress.com)
- 200 Men Said…. Value of a Black Woman Pt1 (2deepuncensored.wordpress.com)
- A Deeper Righteousness: Matthew 5:21-37 (maryharristodd.wordpress.com)
- Keep the Sabbath Day Holy (lifewiththestones.blogspot.com)
- Re: Tithes are required in the Christian era: Benedict Hart got it all wrong (vanguardngr.com)